Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Guys Am a rockey when it comes to the Polycom world, and i have a little challenge with the HDX 7000 in my company. The HDX was assigned a DID and integrated in Cisco call manager, where by access to make both local and international call was granted. But my challenge is that i can make all calls from the HDX, except for any 9 digits number. e.g 014220008.

Any idea what the issue could be ?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello patomon002,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition what do the logs on the Cisco end show what is being dialed and why is it blocked?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Probably your configuration for dialing in the Call Manager is the issue where it wasn't set to handle a 9-digit pattern or a pattern that includes what is being dialed.

Is it a voice or video call that you're unable to complete?

HP Recommended

Thanks Joe, but the pattern configured on the call manager allows all cisco end devices on the network to make both local and international calls, and thesame pattern was assigned to the HDX,. Could there be something else i should be looking out for ?

HP Recommended

Are other devices able to dial that pattern?  Is the call even getting to the Call Manager for processing or not getting out of the HDX?  The HDX logs and Call Manager logs should show this.  If you have access to the Call Manager, you could run a Dialed Number Analyzer simulating the call coming from the HDX and dialing that pattern to see how it would be handled thru the configuration. Voice or Video?

HP Recommended

Thanks Joe, its a voice call, Please i am new to the unified communication environment, and i only know the basics about call manager, can you guide me on how to check if the call is getting to the call manager ?

HP Recommended

You could look at the logs in the HDX or activate a TCPDUMP packet capture to see the messaging. It would help to know the software versions involved, HDX and CUCM. Do you have access to the HDX and/or the CUCM?  Do you have the manuals, user guide/admin guide for the HDX and CUCM? Is the HDX able to dial other voice calls and if so, how does the dialing pattern differ?

HP Recommended

From the HDX web interface, choose DIAGNOSTICS->SYSTEM LOG->DOWNLOAD. In that file identify a good call and bad call and see what the difference is.

HP Recommended

I dont know the version for the HDX,but the CUCM is version 11.5.1. And yes, i have access to both the CUCM and HDX. The HDX is able to dial other calls.

HP Recommended

Can you share a portion of the system log showing a good/bad call?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.