Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

Wonder if anyone can help me. I have just bought a second-hand Polycom HDX 7000. I'm trying to set it up without any real knowledge of how it's supposed to work, beyond the basic setup document which just lists the various parts.

You can see from the attached file what I have plugged in at the back - microphone, camera, display, LAN and power.

The problem is that despite having the display cable plugged directly into my TV, I am not getting a picture on the TV. I get sound - what sounds like a startup jingle when I power the HDX 7000 on, but I can't get it to display anything.

I have changed the TV input setting to "Component" and tried using the Polycom remote to toggle through the various display types (Composite, Component, S-video, DVI etc).

Looking at the attached photo and my rather amateurish written description, what am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try to connect to VGA monitor via DVI-VGA Cable, try web interface, if possible, to change monitor type to chosen connection method (VGA, Component or DVI)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Try to connect to VGA monitor via DVI-VGA Cable, try web interface, if possible, to change monitor type to chosen connection method (VGA, Component or DVI)

HP Recommended

If you haven't any activated SW options, try factory reset - see page  12-2 of AdminGuide at

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/video/hdx_ag.pdf

HP Recommended

Thanks, will try both suggestions this afternoon and let you know how I get on. Really appreciate the response.

HP Recommended

Factory reset eliminate any activated SW options, double check before!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip - no SW has been bought, much less activated, so we should be in the clear 😉

HP Recommended

All working now! Did a factory reset, then just went into the web interface and ran through setup, changing the display settings which were set to DVI (I wanted to use Component). Thank you so much for your help.

HP Recommended

For future reference you can press and hold the display button on the remote for 5 seconds once the system has booted up. From there you can change the display output of the codec.

HP Recommended

2 Frank_Johnson

This sometimes doesn't works ..... I don't know why.

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried using the remote - didn't work. I had to use the web interface.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.