Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi.

I'm hoping to shed some light on issues we've been having with one of our VC systems, we have 3 of them and the other 2 are operating fine.

We've had issues where during extended calls, then the system disconnects.

I've attached the system log and noticed WARNINGs about temperature just want to know whether the temperatures reflected are excessive? There aren't any pop up warnings on the system regarding temperature, should there be a pop up warning?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rafeek

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please share the Software version of impacted endpoints

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

The system should display a temperature warning when it reaches a particular internal threshold.  (I don't know exactly what that threshold is.)   But looking at the logs you attached, I would say those are not excessive temperatures.  I have seen temperatures run in the 60's without having problems.  It is conceivable that some components in the systems you have may have become sensitive to heat over time.  But, again, yours don't show that high of temps.

The error log does show a "CRITICAL watchdogd: proc 3 not responding" error that MAY be your smoking gun.

If the disconnects continue to happen, I would suggest you open a Service Request with Polycom. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.