Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX 7000 possible overheating issue

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

HDX 7000 possible overheating issue

Hi.

I'm hoping to shed some light on issues we've been having with one of our VC systems, we have 3 of them and the other 2 are operating fine.

We've had issues where during extended calls, then the system disconnects.

I've attached the system log and noticed WARNINGs about temperature just want to know whether the temperatures reflected are excessive? There aren't any pop up warnings on the system regarding temperature, should there be a pop up warning?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rafeek

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: HDX 7000 possible overheating issue

Please share the Software version of impacted endpoints

BR

Yash Pal

BR
Yash
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Re: HDX 7000 possible overheating issue

The system should display a temperature warning when it reaches a particular internal threshold.  (I don't know exactly what that threshold is.)   But looking at the logs you attached, I would say those are not excessive temperatures.  I have seen temperatures run in the 60's without having problems.  It is conceivable that some components in the systems you have may have become sensitive to heat over time.  But, again, yours don't show that high of temps.

The error log does show a "CRITICAL watchdogd: proc 3 not responding" error that MAY be your smoking gun.

If the disconnects continue to happen, I would suggest you open a Service Request with Polycom. 

Best Regards

Robotjock
Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us .

Above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

Please ensure to always check the VoIP FAQ, Video Endpoint FAQ , PSTN FAQ or RPM FAQ

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" and feel free to give me Kudos.
Message 3 of 3