Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We have half a dozen HDX 7000's in use in our organisation that were installed a couple of months back. One of them has rebooted a couple of times during a video call today to another Polycom device. I had a look at the logs and noticed the following two entries in the error log:

2013-01-08 01:12:59 CRITICAL watchdogd: proc 3 not responding
2013-01-08 01:19:31 CRITICAL watchdogd: proc 5 not responding

I am wondering if anyone can shed any light as to the meaning of the above entries?

It is running firmware version 3.0.5-22695

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please open a service report with your service provider for assistance.

Polycom's service can be reached at 1-800-POLYCOM.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my computer, that is? image freezes and restarts

HP Recommended

Hello lizta,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is your post in any way related to the above error message on a Polycom HDX or is it a general PC issue?

If it is a PC issue then you are unfortunately in the wrong place.

If it is a Polycom HDX issue then please follow the advise given by Steve and contact Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom HDX7000, try talking to support but without success so I am hereby requesting help

HP Recommended

Hello lizita,

I am surprised by your reply.

Polycom Support will work with you through any issues as we are the manufacturers of the HDX device described in this post.

You can contact us => here <= and if needed the case that will be raised will be escalated internally until a solution is found.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steven,

I saw the post at url http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/HDX-7000-rebooting/m-p/26694

I have a Polycom G3 HDX-8000 running firmware version Nordic 3.0.5 Release build #22695.  I have received CRITICAL watchdogd: proc 1 not responding, error messages.  Is this a hardware issue?  My HDX-8000 system reported this error for approximately a month and then stopped logging errors.  Can this error be generated due to a hard power down (power outage) or improper shutdown?

Just recently we have been experiencing loss of video and or sound but not at the same time.  I checked the error log on 01/28/2013 and saw the watchdog errors.  Should I be concerned, what is this error message?

HP Recommended

Same issue here.  HDX 8000 HD.  We have a few of them.  Many of them report the same issue (Watchdog Timer not responding) which ends up as a reboot during a VC.  Other systems report same watchdog timer error.  (Some of them hang on long enough for the VC To finish).  After CPU load drops,  Appears to recover.  However.  On the advice of our provider.  We updated firmware on this one particular unit.  It did not solve the problem.  Any suggestions ??? (Other than contacting support) as our provider is no longer "Providing" for us.  And Polycom warrenty status is unknown.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hello RGanderton,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Simply calling Polycom directly will enable you to check on the warranty status. Our team can also advise you on a suitable Polycom reseller in your region.

You can usually pay for out of warranty unit via Pay per incident / PPI but the team answering the Support lines will be able to elaborate on this in detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.