Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The system is running Release - 2.5.0.8-4035. Is there any known reason for these systems to disconnect at exactly 2 hrs and 11 mins after the call is started? We have about a dozen of these and another 30 or so other model Polycoms in our system.  This is the only system in our network that is having this problem. The firewall guys insist that there are no timers in their gear.

TIA

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

check  "Maximum Time in Call"  settings in System > Admin Settings > General Settings > System Settings > Call Settings

enter 0 for unlimited time of a call or search this forum for "keep alive"

HP Recommended

Also, depending on your network kit there may be a bug.  Upgrade to V3.1.1.3 & retest.

Pete

HP Recommended

Sir,

This tests was at LAN or WAN?

If it was on WAN, try another time and using telnet connection to your camera monitor what message will be displayed when occur this disconnection.

If you don't have Premier Service available to your camera try to use hard reset.

HP Recommended

The max call time is set to 480. I have been lookling for a timer. So far no luck.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the owners of the endpoint have not kept the service contract up. I can't upgrade the software. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I have the logs during the disconnection. There is nothing that I can see as far as any errors I haven't tried being telneted into the system when it disconnects. It could be worth a try. 

HP Recommended

Sir,

Try to make a factory reset using the Restore Button on the Polycom HDX System.

Factory restore—Completely erases the system and restores it to the
software version and default configuration stored in its factory partition.
If you follow this procedure while a USB storage device is connected, the
system restores from the USB device instead of the system’s factory
partition.

If still doesn't working, the last action will be a downgrade to HDX v2.5.0.6_1. 

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/hdx_series/hdx_previous.html?prin...

HP Recommended

Disconnect the endpoint from network and try with point to point call with RPD desktop client and also make call time 0 from 480 min

BR

Yash

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.