Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an HDX 8000 but no longer have the "admin" password on hand. How would we perform a factory reset in order to regain control over this device?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi,

the default password of your HDX is the Unit's Serial Number, but if it does not work. You can use the "Restore Configuration Button"; It is the Button/Hole that is located below the Power button of the HDX Codec. Just press the button 5-7 seconds, and it will restore to its Default Factory Settings.

The HDX unit will also return to its Original Firmware and you will also set  other settings needed (i.e.: Monitors and LAN Properties).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi,

the default password of your HDX is the Unit's Serial Number, but if it does not work. You can use the "Restore Configuration Button"; It is the Button/Hole that is located below the Power button of the HDX Codec. Just press the button 5-7 seconds, and it will restore to its Default Factory Settings.

The HDX unit will also return to its Original Firmware and you will also set  other settings needed (i.e.: Monitors and LAN Properties).

HP Recommended

James is quite right, though there are 2 levels of Factory Reset.

Search the Admin Guide for "Factory"

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/video/hdx_ag.pdf

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

Thank you both! I had looked through the manual a bit but had not noticed the pin hole reset button. It took about 15 seconds of holding it down but it finally reset. I tried entering the SN a few times but didn't have any luck. Now I just need my DSL like to work and we'll be in business!

Kudos!

HP Recommended

It would be really nice if Polycom stopped using O/0 in their serial unmbers, or used a default like "POLYCOM" that was easy to enter using the handheld remote.... or is there some reason to make it as difficult as possible that I am missing?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Someone would describe how to PEN USB driver with restore?

What you need to download it?

I can not find such a description.

FAT32 pen drive is good?

Now the flashing blue / yellow, and sometimes both NIC light up the LEDs.

Thank you.

Tony

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.