Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I need to find the Mac ID for my HDX 8000 but can't seem to find the instructions in any of my HDX manuals. Anybody know the procedure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The MAC address is listed on the System Information page of the HDX.  From the WebUI go to Tools and System Info. Or from the GUI go to System and system Info. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The MAC address is listed on the System Information page of the HDX.  From the WebUI go to Tools and System Info. Or from the GUI go to System and system Info. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I had an onsite contact check the system information page and he told me it was not listed. I'll web into the unit myself and get it.

HP Recommended

Here's a clue.

Polycom VC systems have MAC addresses starting 00:E0:DB so if you're only looking for 1 Polycom VSX/HDX then these are the first 6 digits.

The S# contains the other 6 (MSDs) so if you have S# 8211521A2B3CCG you have a codec made in manufacturing facility 82 in 2011 week 52 which is a CG (HDX8000) and it's Most Significant Digits in it's MAC address are 1A2B3C

so the MAC address you're looking for is 00:E0:DB:1A:2B:3C.

Simples(!) when you know!

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.