Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Looking for some help on this.  We currently have 5 sites of video conferencing units that utilize the public internet.  We have a mix of HDX 8000's and VSX 7000's.  We are currently installing an HDX 8000 at our main corporate headquarters.  Working with security, network, and telecom a decision has been to made to create a standard on how to install these units.  One of the things that has a lot of focus and rightfully so is the security with opening up ports thru the firewall.  We have been asked to research a possible Session Border Controller/proxy for a possible solution.  With that said since this is a single unit right now at the headquarters does it make sense to start heading down this path or can we utilize the NAT traversal mechanism in the HDX 8000?  If the the Session appliance makes sense then what are some the recommendations to use with the HDX 8000?  As of right now this is Video Conferencing in its infancy.  IF NAT traversal in the HDX 8000 is the recommendation what would be some recommendations on setting this up?  I have reviewed the administration manual for the HDX 8000 with the firewall information so far.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You have 2 options:

1. VPN across the offices + VBP-E

2. VBP-E + VBP-ST

The best way is to contact local Polycom partner with this issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

My personal opinion would be that you look at the hosted solutions rather than a dedicated gatekeeper. In my opinion you have two options, the first and most cost effective solution would be to nat your endpoints to a public facing ip and register your endpoint to a hosted gatekeeper / sip registra such as a vcse and thus limiting the number of ports that require opening up on the firewall. The other would be a direct connection (adsl, efm etc) to a providers cloud. Both in my opinion are viable options for you and scalable for when you do grow. If you would like more information or would like my help to assist you to do this please feel free to email me at 

Removed by Mod as adverts are not allowed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.