Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Community,

I am looking at purchasing several new old stock HDX 8000 codecs. My question is:

I see there are two models HDX 8000 2201-27951-002 PAL and HDX 8000 2201-27951-001 NTSC.

Can someone inform me as to the difference, I want to use these in an existing Polycom environment in the USA, I would need to be able to use some existing  NTSC analog cameras and Polycom Eagle Eye MPTZ-6 or MPTZ-9 cameras and PC VGA inputs with HDTV monitors connected via HDMI or VGA. It looks like the PAL version is about half the cost of the NTSC version. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

For the US you would definitely want the NTSC. PAL was mostly used in England and Europe. NTSC was the analog North American Colour Standard.

(Never Twice the Same Colour). Lol

HP Recommended

To expand a bit on your question....

NTSC and PAL are incompatible with each other. NTSC carries 525 lines of resolution at 60HZ, PAL carries 625 lines at 50Hz. In reality, PAL was a better colour system than NTSC, but the extra space for NTSC was that you could also view it in Black and white if you didn't have a colour TV....back in the day....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.