Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

We have an HDX 8000 system that has been running for the last couple of years without any major issues until last week when we switched it on we got no video out put. We could hear the audio welcome message in multiple languages so it does appear to be booting just with no display.   I've checked all the cabling and it's all as it should be.  The display screen is switched on, working and in the right source mode (PC/RGB).  I can no longer connect to it via the web interface either as it has lost the admin password, so I'm guessing it's gone into a factory default of some kind.  

Can anyone offer any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look at               >>> Here <<<

for support

Documentation:   >>> Here <<<

SW:                     >>> Here <<<

How to update:   >>> Here <<<

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

If you are hearing the round-robin of languages then the system has been put into OOB, Out Of Box, mode.  It will default to DHCP for the IP address, thus the reason it does not have the same address.

Probably the reason you do not have video is the default is Component video and you are most likely using something else for the main monitor.  Using the remote you can change the display output.

Press and hold the Display button on the remote control for 5 seconds. Press<up or down arrow keys>  to display the new video format in the remote control window, then press <right arrow key> to save your change. If you select a format that is not supported by the system, the default output format is applied.

See page 12-8 (260 of 336) in the HDX Admin Guide for 3.1.1 for details.

HP Recommended

Thank you Steven, Our system is now back up and running.  Just one issue.  Now when I go to plug in my laptop so I can share the content or just dispaly my laptop screen on the big Polycom screen I get an message that says something along the lines of This feature requires the People+Content option key.  Can you point me in the right direction of how to retrieve that and where to enter it when I get it please?

HP Recommended

if you give SN of your HDX (14 characters), I 'll try help

HP Recommended

Thanks

The licence number is 8209070B4D24CG, is it possible to check to see if I'm missing any other licences too?  I inherited the system from my predecessor so I'm not sure which licences we had before the unplanned OOB reset.

HP Recommended

It sound like you have old software, like prior to 2.6 which was released in Q1 of 2010.  It was with 2.6 that all optional features except MP were rolled into the release.

Since then key have been added for RTV (for MSFT interop) and TIP (for Cisco interop).

You can either get your system put under a maintenance contract or purchase the upgrade (current version is 3.1.1.2 soon to be 3.1.1.3).  You can contact a Polycom reseller or call 1-800-POLYCOM to purchase either of them.

HP Recommended

1. You enable upgrade to version 3.0x for free:    key is U230-CFFA-1370-0000-012C

2. Your key for 1080p and People+Content is KE5B-C238-7290-0005-1000

HP Recommended

I  sent PM with additional information to you. Please, read it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Ovg

The system apears to have acepted the licence key.  I can't physically check it until I'm back in the office on Monday, but I'm sure it will be fine.  Can I ask how I go about udating the software to version 3 as you sugested?  I saw an option in the web interface for uploading the update but I'm not sure where to find it.  I checked my PM's, but your message was blank :S

HP Recommended

Look at               >>> Here <<<

for support

Documentation:   >>> Here <<<

SW:                     >>> Here <<<

How to update:   >>> Here <<<

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.