Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a polycom hdx 8000 set up in my main conference board room. Whenever connecting a laptop up to the touch pad via USB, people + content IP opens up. Its version is 1.3.0.494. However, the screen is always cut off and never fits to the television. Its tolerable on windows 7 but on windows 10 it cuts entirely too much off. My question is, how do you get the resolution to display properly and fit to the screen? I've tried every resolution possible on various laptops, so I am wondering if this is an issue with a polycom setting itself.

Thanks for any input!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about the content sharing problems. Fortunately the "cut off" screen issue is a known problem with older releases of People+Content IP running on Windows 10. This issue has been resolved in the latest v1.4.1 version of People+Content IP, available from the downloads page (here is a direct link).

Best regards,

Rob

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. However this issue is mainly for users outside of our domain. Whenever they come into our board room and plug in via usb to present People + Content IP installs and opens. This version is 1.03.494. We can not manually update peoples computers from outside of the company to 1.4.1. What touch panel revision can we use that will push People + Content IP 1.4.1 instead of 1.3.0.494?

HP Recommended

Anyone have any ideas on how to push People + Content IP from the touchpad usb to a computer? I need version 1.4.1 and it is currently on a 1.3 version.

HP Recommended

Sorry for no one has responding sooner. In order to update the embedded version of People+Content IP on the Polycom Touch Control, we'll need to issue a software update. We're going to open a bug on this internally, but at this time we cannot give any sort of time estimate as to when an update would be available.

However, I should mention that in v1.4.2 we have added the ability for users to use their installed People+Content IP over the USB connection. If your guests can be provided with and can install v1.4.2 of People+Content IP, then perhaps this could be a solution. Once v1.4.2 is installed, when the USB cable is connected, People+Content IP will come to the forefront and switch to "USB mode". Pressing the play button will then send all traffic over the USB cable.

v1.4.2 can be found on our People+Content IP page (here is a direct link to download).

HP Recommended

By the way. I did want to mention, as this is a software bug you've found, calling in to our tech support would definately help to raise the priority of the issue.

Our tech support numbers can be found here:

http://support.polycom.com/content/support/North_America/USA/en/contactus.html

HP Recommended

I appreciate all of the info! However, users coming into our office are usually corporate users from a different company. Most corporate companies have their users machines locked down and unable to install any sort of software without admin credentials. We will not have access to admin credentials for other users companies, so unfortunetaly this work around will not work. I will defenitely open a call to your techincal support and once again I appreicate the feedback.

HP Recommended

I totally understand. I'll see what I can do from my side too.

Best regards,

Rob

HP Recommended

We have a fix for this issue. The fix is currently going through software quality testing.

HP Recommended

The fix for the issue has been vetted by our software quality team.

The link is here:

ftp://ftp-usa.polycom.com/~ausesc@polycom.com/PTC_Hotfix/HF_3.1.11/polycom-venus-platform-1.17.0-39....

Note, the password to unzip is: Mar20!

Regards,

Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.