Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have an hdx 8000 that is constantly being brute forced , i was working on the issue and decided to update firmware as it had been a while but ut keeps failin current version is 

Release - 2.5.0.5-3548

i get the following error no matter what firmwari try to do 

"Invalid software update package. Please verify the software update package or obtain a new software update package, and then try again."

any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @XBetadogX,

which firmware you try to install? The newest one (3.1.12)? If yes, read the release notes, please! 

If you have an HDX system version prior to version 2.6.1, you must install version 2.6.1 before you can upgrade to later versions such as 3.1.x.

And of course your HDX must me under service, else it is not possible to update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.