Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

we have a problem getting the HDX8000 and the RealPresence Desktop software running and maybe you can give us hints or Information how we can fix this.

We're using a HDX 8000 and the RealPresence desktop software. Everything seems to work smootly, expect that the HDX is not sending any video to the desktop client. The client is connecting, audio in both directions is working, the HDX is showing the picture from the webcam, but we cannot see the picture of the HDX at the desktop client.

Regarding our setup:

The HDX 8000 has a dedicated WAN connection with static ip, for test purposes we have disabled the firewall, just for debugging. (it’s just a 1:1 connection, no passwords for the session is set, so pretty simple setup) I have tried the RealPresence software on 2 different computers, always same results. It is connecting, audio is working in both directions, the HDX shows my video, but I can’t see the picture of the HDX.

With the clients, I tried several network setups: (for test purpose, no firewall is running on the clients)

-       Corporate LAN with firewall ports open as described (TCP/UDP 1720, TCP 3230 – 3235; UDP 3230 – 3280 inbound and outbound). The “live view” of the firewall does not reporting any blocked packages

-       Public WAN with no firewall

-       VPN connectiong

Always with the same result, audio is working, the HDX is receiving my video but I can’t get the video of the HDX.

I have attached 2 pictures, the first shows the connection details of the RealPresence software when connected to the HDX. The last entry shows the video stream from the HDX (I greyed out the ip). I’m not familiar with this software so I don’t know how this is supposed to look like when having a working connection. The second pic shows the connection status of the HDX when connected with the RealPresence client.

From my understanding, I have no firewall working on both sides so I’m assuming it is not a firewall or port issue but maybe a configuration problem?

I would be glad for any hints or information that can help me to look at the right spot.

Thank you very much for your support!

Robert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.