Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a number of HDX 8000 in our building. As we are doing some new fit out works, we would like to install also some audio video equipment to give a better experience to the end users, instead of standard 50 inch TVs + loudspeakers.

We were also thinking to have as input a mixer with some specific microphones, which cannot be connected to the VORTEX system . I would like to know if I can use a mixer as an input for the HDX 8000 and a (or two) beamer/s as an output for the video, plus the same mixer as an output to forward the audio to the lourspeakers.

Is it doable with a polycom HDX 8000?

Reading the documentation it looks like it has a line in and line out with distinguished VIDEO and AUDIO cables, am I correct on this?

Many thanks for the hint!

Stefano

PS: we asked to our dealer which (unfortunately) is on holiday, but having the need to do the cabling, I need an answer from somebody who may help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Stefano,

HDX 8000 has line level input and output with RCA connectors so you can use casual cables (not mandatory Polycom made) to connect your audio equipment.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

You mention a Vortex, why are you not looking at the SoundStructure?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Concerning the soundstructure C8 audio input & output terminals.

1. I have a loudspeaker (JBL-SB100) do i still need to include an amplifier connected to HDX7000 to have a better sounds or i can just connect it to the audio output of the soundstructure c8.

2. Is shure ULXD4Q wireless receiver is supported by soundstructure c8? can i just connect directly the line output of the wireless receiver to the audio input of the soundstructure c8.

Hoping for your support.

Regards,

Exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.