Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings all,

We recently took over management for a Polycom HDX 8000 HD NTSC system in a conference room and realized that no one has the admin password for it. I was thinking of going with the configuration reset, however since we did not do the initial setup of the equipment, I'd like to ask if reseting just the configuration would cause the camera preset angles to get reset as well?

The room is used for recording distance-learning class lectures, and I'd hate to have to re do all the various camera angles and other controls needed for recording since I have not learned any of this yet!  :s

Thank you and good day,

Edwin

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Edwin,

I have to disappoint you, in both cases - restoring default configuration and factory restoring - camera presets will be lost.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mike, too bad then.  😞

Has to be done, we need to update our HDX 8000 for Heartbleed.  x(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.