Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX 8000 config reset, does it also affect camera presets?

Edwin.Lim
Occasional Visitor

HDX 8000 config reset, does it also affect camera presets?

Greetings all,

We recently took over management for a Polycom HDX 8000 HD NTSC system in a conference room and realized that no one has the admin password for it. I was thinking of going with the configuration reset, however since we did not do the initial setup of the equipment, I'd like to ask if reseting just the configuration would cause the camera preset angles to get reset as well?

The room is used for recording distance-learning class lectures, and I'd hate to have to re do all the various camera angles and other controls needed for recording since I have not learned any of this yet!  :s

Thank you and good day,

Edwin

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Re: HDX 8000 config reset, does it also affect camera presets?

Edwin,

I have to disappoint you, in both cases - restoring default configuration and factory restoring - camera presets will be lost.

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 3
Edwin.Lim
Occasional Visitor

Re: HDX 8000 config reset, does it also affect camera presets?

Thanks Mike, too bad then.  :(

Has to be done, we need to update our HDX 8000 for Heartbleed.  x(

Message 3 of 3