Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have multiple HDX 8000 endpoints running version 3.0 registered to a Cisco VCS version 7.0.1.  The HDX are both registered to H.323 and SIP protocols and are able to dial other endpoints and MCUs. 

The issue is dialing from a HDX system to our IP phones.  The dial string to an IP phone for an example is #2281000, the HDX is unable to make a call.  I've checked our VCS and it doesn't show the call even leaving from the HDX.

We are able to dial that same string from our Cisco endpoints (EX90, C40) with no problems.  Is there a setting in the HDX that we can enable  to dial the hash key?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

I think you can't use this dial string on HDX.

You can change a Search rule on your VCS and use a numeric prefix for calls to IP phones.

HP Recommended

Oh I was hoping it was a setting in the HDX, I really do not want to make changes to the search rules.  That is the last option.

HP Recommended

Any official word on this issue?  Please let me know thanks.

HP Recommended

Well, I'm not an "official" person, but I can say that when we had our MGC100, I WAS able to dial 10.x.x.x##xxxx, where 10.x.x.x was the IP address of our MGC100, ## was 2 pound signs, and xxxx was the 4-digit room number on the bridge.

So you CAN use the # sign to dial on HDXs.

That being said, if you are using a Tandberg bridge, I cannot say whether the Tandberg bridge likes the # sign, or whether you can add the # sign to a dialing rule (I've never tried it myself).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.