Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have two Eagle Eye cameras connected to an HDX 8000 in a room. Video outputs are connected to an Extron Cross Point Matrix switcher so that the video can be displayed at many different monitors throughout the room. A Crestron touch panel control system is used to manipulate how the room operates. Since the installation of the new codec, we have discovered that switching between cameras has a very long delay before the images changes. When showing a person on camera one, their image will freeze for about 2 seconds or so before the video switches to camera 2. This extended pause introduces an amateur feel to what should be a highly professional experience. The pause is still present when eliminating the switcher and control system, so it must be inherent in the codec.  

What is causing this delay and how do I eliminate it? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please provide the software version you are using.  It is also recommended that a person always update to the latest software available on the Polycom web site.

When the cameras are directly connected to the codec do you see the same issue?

HP Recommended

Here is the software version: Release - 3.1.1.3-36019

I am confused by your second question since I state in the first sentence that both cameras are connected to the codec. Only the outputs are sent through a switcher. We have tested taking the switcher out of the equation to verify that the pause still exists ... and it does. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.