Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm using a HDX 9000. the setting on my call duration is set to 480 mins (8hrs). Im using a Tandberg as a gataeway. My call keeps dropping at about 2hrs. I am connected to an ATT bridge. does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

The Max Time in Call (480mins) will throw a box to screen advising your call is up & asking if you wish to continue, Yes or No.  Failure to answer this within a few minutes will result in the call ending. So the HDX will not auto terminate a call without warning.

I'm assuming this isn't an MCU hosted call but simple end point to end point.

In our experience IP calls auto terminate at specific call times due to port timeouts on routers.  Check out your router TCP/UDP port time outs.

It may help to prove if you disconnect the HDX from the Network & put Polycoms M100 Trial on a laptop, connect to a mini net with the HDX & place a 2.5hr call.  I think you'll find that will prove it's not an HDX issue but a wider network/router issue.

Pete

HP Recommended

Having re-read your post, it could be the Gateway. Try the HDX off Net with M100.  That'll help you prove what is responsible for the call dropout.

HP Recommended

There is a 2 hr keep alive timer on port 1720 in your network somewhere. Change that timer and the calls should up.

HP Recommended

where would i find the settings to make that adjustment? i am not seeing it anywhere. Thank you.

HP Recommended

This is a network setting not an HDX setting. Typically it is on the firewall.  You may need to contact your network administrator. 

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with calls that drop at thirty minutes.  

Our source device: 172.18.44.89, ports 3254 & 3252

Destination device: 153.90.193.80, ports 57688 & 57694

Packet < 385431 is a constant flow of audio/video.

Packet 385431, our device seems to attempt to make a call to our destination device using port 1720 as a source port.

Packet 385432, the remote device sends a Reset. Assumes this occurs because it’s not expecting/accepting a call from port 1720 to port 3235.

Packet 385435 – 385440, our device is sending out closelogicalchannel h.245 packets.

Packet 385457, our device sends out an endsessionCommand.

Attached is a picture - please let me know if anyone has any ideas about how to solve this. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Kendo.  Didn't I see Mike_v post that as of V3.0.4 HDX spat out a TCP1720 Keep Alive ever 1800 seconds?  Would that do it?

HP Recommended

Pete,

• HDX Release 3.0.0 introduced the telnet command.  The default was still 120 minutes.
  • HDX Release 3.0.1 changed the default to 30 minutes.

HDX Release 3.0.4 changed the default to 2 minutes

This means that we send out a signal every 2 minutes on port 1720.  As long as the firewall is listening it will see that signal. This signal will then 'reset' the firewall's 30 min timer.

If we were sending out the signal at 30 min and the firewall is set to 30 min there may be a few second delay where the firewall closes first then a few seconds too late the HDX sends it out.

HP Recommended

So based on Kendos last response at the bottom, best practice would be to update the HDX to V3.0.4 or later. (V3.0.5 is current).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.