Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I got Polycom HDX 9002 system with MPTZ-6 camera that was working before but was not used for a while. Now when I turn it on, there is only static picture on the screen as shown on the picture (attached). This picture will appear on TV screen using "Y" cable connected via DVI connector to "Y" BNC connector that is connected to composite input on TV. Also there is no sound.

I tried using both recovery methods - pressing Reset button for 15+ seconds while unit is ON (no effect) as well as pressing and holding Reset button for 5+ seconds while powering ON unit. No effect. Any time I turn on the unit with power button, camera will move around and will come to front position, and picture attached will be displayed on TV after approx. 10 seconds (regardless of pressing Reset button).

I'm pretty sure that I do press the button and I can feel solid click. What else I can try? Is that possible that Reset button is broken? What this screen means? When I press any button on Remote, green LED is blinking, but nothing is changing on TV. Also when connected t Network unit is not receiving any IP address from DHCP server (not even sending request).

Is there anything that I can try? I really wanted to update unit to current version and use all the new features. Please help!

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi alexg,
Please have a look at this tread:
http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Polycom-logo-freezes-at-boot-up/m-p/34844#M4241

Cheers, Uwe

Check my blog at https://aitsc.de/blog
HP Recommended

Hi Uwe, thanks!

Yes, it looks like my case, exactly! I reviewed the information and it all makes sense to me. The only question I have: when I call POLYCOM support, what IP I can give them? My unit does not pickup IP from DHCP server anymore, so there is no IP connectivity.

Is it possible that you can give me steps how to fix it myself? Otherwise what other option I have (if I don't have IP address because unit is not picking up IP address from DHCP)? Can I force some IP address manually? How?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Uwe,

I spoke to Doug Krehnbrink from Technical Support last Friday and he gave me instructions on how to upgrade this box to version 3.0.6 using USB memory stick and also he gave me unlock code that is specific to my Serial Number, but unfortunately this procedure did not work. In fact I do not even see that box is readin USB key because there is no lights on memory stick lit up, which means that there no attempt to read from USB. I tried re-formatting USB several times and tried several different models to make sure that this is not a USB key issue, but still there is no movement.

Also Repair button (a.k.a. paper clip button) is not doing anything, regardless if I hold for 5 seconds, 30 seconds or 100 seconds. Also it does not matter if I press button while powering ON the box or while the box is already powered ON. I have a feeling that the box is not responding to anything, although I can power ON from remote when box is powered OFF, which means that electronics still working. Plus this box was working just few days ago, so it must be some kind of security lock up.

Now here is my question: if Polycom discovered and publicly announced security vulnerability that affecting those boxes should they (Polycom) call for massive recall and fix the issue? Or at least help those customers who got this box locked up? Just wondering what else I can try before giving up completely. You know this is no $10 toy, this equipment is very expensive, and it would be nice if there is a way to fix this issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Alexg,

just like any other software / hardware provider we update / enhance our software from time to time. This issue was discovered and addressed around May last year and Polycom  announced this publicly and offered a software that prevented this loophole from being used.

If a device is completely open and unprotected and accessible either via a Intranet or Internet there is not a lot we as a manufacturer can do.

This is the same with a PC being publicly available without any firewall or security protecting it.

As now already replied in multiple other post's only Polycom can fix the issue and you either need a service contract or pay for the RMA of the unit.

There is no way for an end customer to fix this. Please work with your Polycom reseller and or Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.