Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey All.

I am hoping someone on here has run into this problem and can help me resolve it.

I have an HDX 9004 running Software version 3.04.

When I try to plug my Eagle Eye Camera (MPTZ-6) into my HDX in Camera input 1, the camera does NOT turn on, does NOT rotate at bootup and with it plugged in does NOT allow for my remote to work AT ALL.  Both the camera and the remote are non-responsive and useless.

If I unplug the Camera (either when the HDX is booted up, or prior to bootup) then I have full control using my remote.  When I plug the Camera into Camera input 2, I have full control using my remote, however because Camera input 2 does not supply power to the Camera, the Camera does nothing.  I do NOT have an external power source for my Eagle Eye Camera.

I have 2 Eagle Eye Cameras and 2 - 3m Cables.  The problem persists no matter which Camera I try to use or which 3m cable I try to use.

I have tried the following after extensive research on this forum:

-Reseating the cable connecting the camera to the HDX

-switching the directionality of the cable between the Camera and the HDX

-ensuring that the Pins inside the Camera connector cable are not bent or dirty

-rebooting the HDX multiple times

-Removing all unnecessary devices, leaving ONLY: 1 Video Ouput to the Television; A/C Power Input and Camera Input Cable

-Plug the HDX into a different power outlet within my office (one which is on a different breaker)

-Using the "reset system" function within the Admin settings (was able to successfully reset the system, but problem still persists)

-Pointing the Remote directly at the Camera (without the possibility that the IR signal could reach the HDX)

-Moving the Camera away from the HDX

-Powering up the HDX with ONLY the Camera plugged-in (the Camera did not move at all)

-Unplugging the A/C power cord during reboots and leaving it unplugged for lengthy periods of time.

We can answer calls and make outgoing calls, the other parties can hear us, but they cannot see anything other then a black screen.

PLEASE HELP !

James

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

One more thing of relevance to add - this is the SECOND HDX 9004 that I have tried, BOTH boxes exhibited the EXACT same problems.  The FIRST HDX was running software version 2.5 (or something to that effect).

Thanks,

James

HP Recommended

We have faced such issue when the camera cable was turned over. Check the Polycom logo on both sides of cable being up.

HP Recommended

Mike V,

Thanks for the tip, I am certain that the cable is in the correct orientation (with the logo facing upwards on both ends).

James

HP Recommended

Hi James did you ever get your issue resolved. We are experincing same issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.