Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,  

Wondered if someone has come across an issue before with HDX 9004 not able to dial Lync 2013 clients before or advise accordingly please?

We recently upgraded to Lync 2013 and as such have upgraded our HDX 9004 to 3.1.3 in order for them to register with the Lync 2013 server.  We have a few HDX 9004 and are able to get them to register without any problem.

The problem occurs when we try and dial from a Lync 2013 client or from the codec itself.  If we dial the client from the codec, the client receives a pop-up to accept the call and then when they go to click on 'Accept Video Call', nothing happens when this button is pressed and the call eventually disconnects.

The AES encryption on the codecs are set to 'When Available'.

When we used Lync 2010, we were able to make video calls without any issues.  Only since upgrading to Lync 2013 have we encountered problems.

Thanks

Paul 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This topic has been discussed quite frequently and can be found via the community search using 2013 as the search word => here <=

Microsoft changed the available and supported codecs with Lync 2013 and does no longer support H.263 (previously available in Microsoft Lync 2010).

In order to use their codec a RTV License is required for a compatible HDX.

To my knowledge only the following are compatible:

• HDX 9006
  • HDX 8000 HD (Hardware Version B)
  • HDX 7000 HD (Hardware Versions C and D)
  • HDX 4500 HD
  • HDX 4000 HD (Hardware Version C)

I would suggest you contact your Polycom reseller for more details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

According to Polycom pricelist also HDX 6000 is compatible:

X RTV/CCCP license. Enables support for Microsoft RTV codec and direct calls to MS AV MCU. Available for HDX 9006, HDX 8000 rev B, HDX 7000 rev C or D, HDX 6000, HDX 4500, HDX 4000 rev C.

Please correct me if I'm not right.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello all,

5150-63389-001 X RTV/CCCP license. Enables support for Microsoft RTV codec and direct calls to MS AV MCU. Available for HDX 9006, HDX 8000 rev B, HDX 7000 rev C or D, HDX 6000, HDX 4500, HDX 4000 rev C.

Above is the official part number from the Polycom price list.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Mike, you are correct.  All 6000 series HDXs support RTV natively and only require the additional software license (Options Key).

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies.  It's disappointing that our hardware is incompatible with Lync 2013.  I thought I had read the release notes that the HDX 9004 are compatible with Lync 2013 and just need 3.1.2.  Obviously got this wrong.

What is odd, is that the HDX 9004's register with the Lync 2013 server.  I would have expected them not to register, if they are incompatible.  

Thanks

HP Recommended

The incompatibility between the 9004 and Lync 2013 has everything to do with the video codecs and nothing else.  When running the 3.1.2 release you can register to Lync 2013 and perform all the same actions that other models support.

But during media negotiation the two endpoints will have no video codec in common.  Lync 2013 dropped support for H.263, kept RTV, and added H.264/AVC.  The 9004 cannot support RTV and no HDX model can support H.264/SVC.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the reply Jeff.  Very informative and has helped us out a great deal.  Great site you have too. 

Is there any way to be able to use the 9004 units and dial any desktop messenger clients?  I've had some resellers suggest implementing an RMX solution.  They didn't know about the incompatibilty between 9004 and Lync 2013, so unsure on their suggestion.   I've not come across RMX before and just wondered if this would be possible with the 9004?

Thanks

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.