Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX 9006 allows only one endpoint to receive content in a multipoint call

Occasional Visitor

HDX 9006 allows only one endpoint to receive content in a multipoint call

I use the MCU software In my HDX 9006 unit to make multipoint calls. Depending on which site I call first, when I share content only the first endpoint I dialed first will see the content, the other sites cannot.

Something must have changed because a year before I did not have this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: HDX 9006 allows only one endpoint to receive content in a multipoint call

Hello MiriamM,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"  and is the basic minimal requirement for a post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 10
Occasional Visitor

My Software version Release - 3.0.5-22695 for the HDX 9006

Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

Have you tried getting a packet capture of a session where the issue presents itself?  Using Wireshark to view the call setup and media negotiations might give some clues as to whether subsequent connections are presented with the content channel.

JoeV
Message 4 of 10
Occasional Visitor

Hi Joe,

I am wondering if the call transport type has anything to do with it.?

Look at the attachment and tell me what you think?

One is connecting as H.323 and the other as sip.

We enabled sip last summer in order to halt some of the phantom calls we were receiving during connections.

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Probably the units not receiving the content aren't able to support the content channel method being used by the HDX. H.239 is used for H.323 content sharing and BFCP is used for SIP content sharing.

JoeV
Message 6 of 10
Occasional Visitor

So, what do you advise I change?

Message 7 of 10
Valued Contributor

You might try all H.323 or all SIP in the multipoint call to see if that helps or at least identifies whether certain vendor, models or software versions are affected.

How are you sending content?

JoeV
Message 8 of 10
Occasional Visitor

Well, should I change the way I place calls in the Preferred Dialing Method screen to have H.323 as 1 and sip as 2?

Message 9 of 10
Valued Contributor

Certainly worth a try.  If you have remote access to the far end units having the issue and are able to initiate a packet capture or have someone locally do it, the capture file might give some good clues.  Most video units have the ablilty thru menus or telnet to do a tcpdump capture.  Wireshark is used generally to interpret the captured file.

JoeV
Message 10 of 10