Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello my friends.

Need some help, we have Polycom HDX 9006 with RTV license installed. We were using Lync Server 2013 and point-to-point video calls between Polycom and Lync Clients works well, also we was able to join Polycom to Lync comferencies.

For now we`ve upgraded our Lync infrastructure to Skype For Business 2015 Server and now point-to-point video calls between Polycom and Skype4B Client works well, but i cant join Polycom to Skype4B conference, also when point-to-point video call established between Polycom and Skype4B Client i cant add no more participants.

Error from Skype4B Client:

406 Not Acceptable
ms-diagnostics: 1037;reason="Previous hop client did not report diagnostic information";Domain="domain.ru";PeerServer="10.127.xxx.xxx";source="lync-fe2.domain.ru";OriginalPresenceState="0";CurrentPresenceState="0";MeInsideUser="Yes";ConversationInitiatedBy="0";SourceNetwork="0";RemotePartyCanDoIM="No"

Error from Polycom HDX:

2017-03-10 10:46:20 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: uimsg: [A4e15: 20000 sh_ispopupup false]
2017-03-10 10:46:20 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: appcom: NC_COMMAND_STR, MsgSendCmd returns -25
2017-03-10 10:46:22 INFO jvm: pc[0]: UI: fcgi/0: CallHandler: addDialInfo() : connectionType = auto
2017-03-10 10:46:22 INFO jvm: pc[0]: UI: fcgi/0: CallHandler: addDialInfo() : specifiedCallType =
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: uimsg: [S4e1e: 20000 dial manual 0 6144 sip:ozerov@domain.ru;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:PS0HJ76J]
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: SITE DIAL STRING = "sip:ozerov@domain.ru;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:PS0HJ76J"
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: DIAL STRING = "sip:ozerov@domain.ru;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:PS0HJ76J"
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: connection type sip, Device type any, Address ozerov@domain.ru;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:PS0HJ76J speed 6144 6144
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: Conntype = sip 5 Device = any Call = 2 rate = 6144 numChannels = 1 olp = 0
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: Conf[0]: ConfWillAllowedConnCountExceed: allowedConns 2 numNativeVoiceConns 0 numVideoConns = 0
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: Conf[0]: ConfWillAllowedConnCountExceed: allowedConns 3 numNativeVoiceConns 0 numVideoConns = 0
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: COMM: ERROR, unable to allocate a connection. conn type = 5
2017-03-10 10:46:25 DEBUG avc: pc[0]: DialManualCmd: error response dial manual 0 0 0 -5

Do you have any suggestions?

Als we have one more station Polycom RPG500 and it could successfully connects to Skype4B conferencies after an upgrade...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Moto,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The HDX is not compatible and not officially supported using Skype for Business. The HDX is only compatible and supported using LYNC 2010 and LYNC 2013

Maybe you can setup another LYNC 2013 pool and federate with your Skype for Business pool?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Moto,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The HDX is not compatible and not officially supported using Skype for Business. The HDX is only compatible and supported using LYNC 2010 and LYNC 2013

Maybe you can setup another LYNC 2013 pool and federate with your Skype for Business pool?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thank you for your reply. 

I will try your solution with another Lync 2013 pool and will give a feed back.

Can you tell me if there some plans in Polycom to make HDX to supports skype4B?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Steffen, thank you very much. Your solution works, we`ve create another Lync Server 2013 pool and migrate there Polycom sip account, conferencing works!

It is not a brilliant solution because we had to install new server and must maintain it in future only for this Polycom, but anywhere video conferencing feature restored!

HP Recommended

Hello Moto,

I do not believe that we have plans for the HDX to support Skype for Business or O365 but maintaining a small LYNC 2013 pool in order to ensure you can still use your Hardware should be a small price to pay rather than replacing your whole infrastructure.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.