Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, they have a VERY old Tandberg with ISDN that works fine.  Putting the HDX & QBRI in the same situation, HDX unit won't dial out (or in).

The ISDN BRIs are provided by the site PABX.  Tried changing aLaw to uLaw & tried changing switch protocol to

AT&T 5ESS Pt-to-Pt as per Support.polycom.com KB Tech Advice 14543 & a few others with no joy.

Is there some fundamenal difference between US HDX-QBRIs & Euro QBRIs that cannot be infuenced by Admin setup?

FYI: They are pretty sure the Tandberg was originally sourced in the UK.

Any other ideas?

We're going to try & get the site PABX guys to look at their side but their looking at the Tandverg & pointing at the HDX as having something wrong.

Any suggestions welcome.

Ta

Pete

More info.  The HDX-QBRI is being serviced via an NT384 (manual attached) & the HDX says the ISDN lines are UP.  If this is removed the HDX-QBRI sees no ISDN attached.  The manual is screaming "this is a US/Canadian only product.  I think we may need a US QBRI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pete,

As I could see the S/T pinout of your NT1 device seems to not comply with the ITU-T I.430 and ISO 8877 - please refer to TABLE  17/I.430 in I.430 recommendation. If so you may need to use the custom made patchcord. Hope this note could be useful for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Pete,

As I could see the S/T pinout of your NT1 device seems to not comply with the ITU-T I.430 and ISO 8877 - please refer to TABLE  17/I.430 in I.430 recommendation. If so you may need to use the custom made patchcord. Hope this note could be useful for you.

HP Recommended

Just logged a Polycom ticket & a query on the NT384 makers.  Thanks Mike.

HP Recommended

FYI Mike.  As usual, the customer was not telling the whole truth.  The old, working, Tandberg was not a European sourced unit but a USA sourced unit.  It was only making calls on line 2 @ 128k, it never worked inbound & never did 384k bonded calls

BECAUSE

lines 1 & 3 had different dip switch configurations to line 2 in the PABX.

Get all the lines properly configured & poof, up comes the HDX QBRI in all it's glory.

Fun, Fun, Fun. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.