Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Now I though this was odd when an end user tried to convince me his was dointhis....until yesterday.  My HDX4k received a call during an extended RMX VMR test. The call came from E.164@mypublic IP.  My CDR has a bunch of entries for yesterday & today.  The HDX4k is V3.1.1.3 & not registered to SIP/GK or anything else.  Any guesses?  Calls are late evening & early am so I'm pointing the finger at our Yankee cousins 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have SIP enabled, even though the HDX is not registered, it WILL try to recieve the call (sniff it for the INVITE)..

Disable SIP in the network area and the HDX won't respond to Port 5060 INVITEs...

Gary M

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

the call which hited on which endpoint if it come in pattern E.164@publicip so it should hit the system which is registered to GK.

Regards

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

E.164 = 100 & myPublicIP = the standalone public IP on my HDX4k.  It is not regitered to a GK or SIP Registrar.  Both are turned off.  So it loks like it is calling itself.

HP Recommended

E.164(alias)stands for which device or is this meeting room on Video Bridge??

Regards

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hi YashPal.  This HDX4k is totally standalone, no GK, no MCU, no infrastructure.

HP Recommended

If you have SIP enabled, even though the HDX is not registered, it WILL try to recieve the call (sniff it for the INVITE)..

Disable SIP in the network area and the HDX won't respond to Port 5060 INVITEs...

Gary M

HP Recommended

but in your earlier comment you use the below term

E.164 = 100 & myPublicIP = the standalone public IP

the E.164 generate once you regestered your device with GK

Regards

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Unbeknownst to me, someone had re-enablled SIP.  It's off again now so I think your explanation covers it.  Happy Monday GM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.