Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I recently installed a Quad BRI ISDN interface to our HDX7000. After some fiddling around I got it working; it appeared I had to omit the leading '0' from the areacode. So f.i. if I want to do a national call to amsterdam I would call '020-1234567', but with the HDX ISDN I have to call '20-1234567'. It's doable, dut strange for people used to using a phone.

The other thing is: all the lights on the BRI are standard off. According to the HDX docs this means something is wrong. All the NT1 boxes have 'line ok' lit and when I attach a ISDN-phone, the lines work perfectly. Nevertheless I am able to make ISDN calls with the HDX (without the leading '0' as mentioned) despite this deviation form the docs.

Then when I call to a particular number which is redirected through a bridge to a SIP endpoint, first the HDX states calling through ISDN and then it switches to SIP without ever getting a real connection to the other system.

Other ISDN callers have no problem calling the bridged endpoint and my HDX can call other ISDN-connected systems (some of which I do not know wether they are bridged or not).

Finally, when I use my cellphone to call the ISDN-numbers of my HDX I get to hear 'this number is currently unavailble' while the lines are free. And I have no problem making an ISDN videoconfernce call to the same number.

Well a lot of input, probably with very different causes, but maybe and hopefully some of you recognise issues due to configuration errors which I might have made or other things I might check or do.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter!

kind regards,

Fred.

software version HDX: 2.5.0.6_1-3960

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Finally, when I use my cellphone to call the ISDN-numbers of my HDX I get to hear 'this number is currently unavailble' while the lines are free. And I have no problem making an ISDN videoconfernce call to the same number.

This is probably due to the way the ISDN lines are provisioned, they are probably not defined or audio calls.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your response. I thought so too, but when I connect an ISDN phone to the lines I can call them up and vice versa. So I thought: maybe I must tell the HDX somewhere that the BRI modules must also accept audio-only calls, but I could find no setting for that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.