Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX Profile Center

Mac
Visitor

HDX Profile Center

Having an issue with the profile center using the web interface.  I'm trying to relocate two HDX 9000 and to make life easier I've downloaded their profile onto our local PC.  When I try to load the profile to the codec, the system accepts the file, reboots and comes back with the same settings it started with, nothing changes.  Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'd rather not go through and reconfigure both boxes.

Thanks!    

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kendo
Polycom Employee

Re: HDX Profile Center

The Profile Center was designed to be a 'backup' for an individual system and not a distribution file for mutiple systems. Various unpredictable effects may result, as you have seen. Our CMA product is designed to provision individual systems remotely.
Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 2 of 4
Mac
Visitor

"The Profile Center was designed to be a 'backup' for an individual system and not a distribution file for mutiple systems. Various unpredictable effects may result, as you have seen. Our CMA product is designed to provision individual systems remotely. "

Thanks for the response!  So I'm to understand that the saved profile is basically a snapshot of the settings in that particular box and cannot be applied to any other codec.  That being said, to relocate the two HDX units I need to manually go in and change the settings.

Erik

Message 3 of 4
Kendo
Polycom Employee

Yes that is the most reliable way to do it.
Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 4 of 4