Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to reset the configuration of my HDX 7000, i was just wondering if this would affect the Touch Panel integration, since i am using crestron. I just wanna ask if the HDX 7000 codec needs to be re-programmed in case i do a Configuration Restore/Reset settings? or i just need to replug my RS-232 cable on my codec?

thanks in advance!

hemp 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

First question is 'why The restore?' we usually recommend that as a last resort to correct suspected software corruption.

The restore will wipe out all configuration settings and The HDX will need to be manually reconfigured.

I do not recommend saving The config then reloading it after because, if there is corruption you may re-install The problem.

Items like keycodes will need to be written down prior so they can be reentered.

The RS232 port will need to be reset.

The software will be reloaded from a separate backup copy within The HDX.  This version may not be The exact one that you are running. It may be a point or two behind.  An upgrade to The current version may be required. 

So after The upgrade to current version (if needed) The panel should behave as normal.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Reply Ken,

I understand and this is very helpful, the reason why am I restoring the codec, because it is protected by a password, and the previous administrator lost track of the password. Already tried other passwords such as the default (serial number). I don't have any choices but to do Restore Configuration activity via Restore Configuration button.

Hopefully, you can share me some ideas on how we can resolve this one.

Thanks and much appreciated,

hemp

HP Recommended

Assuming you have a secure building/room & responsible staff, I find it helpful to print a sticky label with the admin passord on the back of the HDX.

HP Recommended

Passwords are a way of life now. So once you do the factory restore the serial number will become the default password.  I suggest that during the setup process, when you get to the password screen, simply blank out all of the stars in the password field. This will get you through the rest of the setup and configuration without having to enter that long number with a remote control. You can set up your passwords later.  The Security section of Admin Tools can be configured for a lot of password security or a little.  it is your choice. You can also elect to have a password for the web access to admin tools and no password for access from the remote control or visa versa, or they can be different or the same.  So there is some flexibility there.

However there is no 'back door' 'secrete' password. A restore is the only way out for a forgotten password.

So once you have the system all setup I suggest making a backup of the config file.  There is a utility in the web interface Utilities Profile Center section.

If you ever need to restore the config again this will speed up the process.  One suggestion, create the config backup with no password then if you are in this situitation again all you need to do is the restore and once you get to the screen where you have an IP address you can web in and restore that config.  A password can then be added.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.