Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX ScreenSaver text via TELNET

Highlighted

HDX ScreenSaver text via TELNET

Am i missing something super obvious, or is there no command to change the screensaver text via TELNET on HDX boxes?

Desperate if someone knows how as we have around 1100 units that need to have their screensaver updated.

Marquee and logo text can be adjusted via command, but not the screen saver text.... seems like a bad oversight.

Would appreciate anyones findings or thoughts!

Stephen

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: HDX ScreenSaver text via TELNET

Hello stephenharding,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Did you check the Integrator’s Reference Manual for Polycom HDX Systems for the sleeptext feature or is this not what you are after?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Ahh, apologies Steffen!

SW version release is : Release - 3.1.9-50041

We have a fleet  (+1000) of HDX's from the entire model range.

Unfortunately the sleeptext command only adjusts the text that flashes with the logo before the screen saver activates. 

I have been through the API guide, and product documentation extensively and can't seem to locate a command to change the scrolling text in the screen saver.

Please see attachment of the field i am refering to.

Hoping someone can enlighten me!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Please contact me (PM) or gary@miyakawa.us

I have a way you can do it.

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 4 of 4