Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently upgraded all our HDX's (7000 and 8000's) to the 3.1.2 code.  We do have the RTV keys installed/licensed on all the units.  We're able to register with Lync 2013 as well as make/receive video calls from it.  The problem i'm having is while i receive 720p video from the far lync client, i show that i'm only sending CIF (or 640x480) at best.  It seems to jump around a bit, but connectivity is perfect between the two (local lan).

Actually, i just noticed that now the HDX is now reporting it's receiving not 720p from the far lync client, but 960x544.  

I did confirm with my Lync engineer that our lync server was set with "

Set-CsMediaConfiguration -MaxVideoRateAllowed Hd720p15M" per the Polycom docs.

Anyone else run into this? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi,

Please check this article from Jeff :
http://blog.schertz.name/2011/05/rtv-support-released-for-polycom-solutions/

The Lync client will use the same resolution for sending video as it asks to receive from the RMX, so when viewing the video in a smaller window other parties in the conference will see that client’s video at the same resolution. Alternatively switching to receive HD will also send HD quality video to the far-end.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.