Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have had some random disconnects with several of our HDX 8000 & 9000's and can't seem to find a common thread.  All conferences are run through an RMX 2000 with multiple endpoints.  All on a healthy internal network. 

When looking at the CDR's, it just says "Call Disconnection Cause: h323_call_closed_normal ".  I don't believe end users are ending the call and I am not ending the call.  Anyone else experience this or have any thoughts?  TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Are the sites inside/outside of your network ?

Do they disconnect if you try a Point to Point call ?

What version of code are you on ? (HDX/RMX/etc)..

Is there a Gatekeeper involved (RPRM, CMA, PN, etc) ?

Need more information to try to help..

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  All calls (even P2P) are run through the RMX so I can't say for sure.  I will test a few though and see.  Yes we have a CMA and everything is scheduled through it as well as GK functions.  As far as code versions -

RMX - 7.8.0.246

CMA - 6.2.4.ER8 - HW Rev. A

All 9002's - 3.1.3.2-38311

8000's - 3.1.3.2-38311 , 3.1.4-43132 or 3.1.5-5568

All calls are conducted internally on our network.

Dave

HP Recommended

Dave,

If you can, un register two of the systems that have been dropping...  and then dial the bridge using the signalling address ## meeting room number.   See if the call drops...

If it does NOT drop, then your focus needs to be on the CMA/Gatekeeper...

If it does drop, the issue gets pointed back to the network.

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks Gary.  Will try and report back results.

HP Recommended

Dave,

Are the disconnects at specific time intervals?  For example, we have had problems with 20 minute disconnects and 2 hour disconnects.  Each time it was because the endpoints were on a VPN link and the KeepAlive value was not set properly to prevent the disconnect from triggering.  I can go into more detail if you would like.

Thanks,

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.