Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX4000 Update error 20 help.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

HDX4000 Update error 20 help.

I'm getting the following error on a couple HDX4000 endpoints trying to update from 3..01: to 3.1.3.2..

Error is : “Monitor camera check FAILED. Please secure monitor cables and restart software upgrade." we cannot change camera or monitor settings in this devcie to get around error in order to update endpoint. . Does anyone have any tips or tricks please?  I'm not finding this error posted here.  Thanks .

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: HDX4000 Update error 20 help.

Hello JoeBMplsMN,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Have you tried to go to a later 3.0.x software first and then to a 3.1.x ?

• Do you have the relevant license to upgrade to this software ?

• Is there a specific reason going to 3.1.3.2 instead to 3.1.5 directly ?

• Did you check the release notes Hardware and Software Compatibility  section if yoru HDX part number is compatible ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Make sure the cable is secure (screwed down) between the dispaly and the codec. Make sure the cable is connected to both the HDCI input and the monitor output (which I am sure it is as you are seeing the output).

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen, Thanks for the response.  

• Have you tried to go to a later 3.0.x software first and then to a 3.1.x ? no, but willing to try anything.

• Do you have the relevant license to upgrade to this software ? Yes 

• Is there a specific reason going to 3.1.3.2 instead to 3.1.5 directly ? The clients infrastructure has not tested/approved that version  . But I feel the lates t versions are typicaly already tested and addressed prior issues.

• Did you check the release notes Hardware and Software Compatibility  section if yoru HDX part number is compatible ?Yes it was listed.

I"ve recieved a Polycom Article ID 14525: Monitor Camera Check fail" error during update.  with the codec powered ON , disconnect the monitor cable and then the power cable.  wait a few moments. Replace power cord , push the power button and then reconnect monitor cable - basically perform a hot swap of the cable.  re run software update.

I will keep you posted of the results. once able to update.    

Message 4 of 4