Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I inherited this system from a fired boss. I had no input or info on this. I have been able to set the system up between two internal sites, but have no experience with this stuff.

Can the HDX6000 accept multiple calls? I can use the m100 to call, but only when the system is idle. Is there a way to add a third or fourth attendee via m100 Telepresence? I was hoping to allow an outside sales guy to join a meeting from time to time.

How difficult is it to set up external use? Do I need a Gatekeeper for that? Or should I just have them connect with VPN and then call internally?

Thanks,

A Newbie.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Lots of questions here.

First the HDX 6000, being an entry level system is not capable of hosting a Multipoint call.  The m100 cannot host a Multipoint call either.  You would need to trade up to an HDX7000 for that option.  However for occasional use it may be mire cost effective to use a Bridging Service.  There are many out there.  Unfortunately I am not able to recommend one over another.

External use depends on your firewall. You will need a dedicated external IP address with a one to one NAT configures.

I suggest giving Polycom Support a call to discuss this over the phone.

Contact Us: 

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.