Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all, I have a hdx7000 who reach the internet through a cisco router configured with static Nat and it works great.

Now I want to call the hdx via my m100 in a other building of the company, connected through a mpls and different router.

I can start the call, but with a sniffer I watch the reply packet of the hdx is with the public ip and the call fall down.

In the HDX the NAT configuration is AUTO, in attachment a very simple scheme of the network.

can anyone help me?

thank's in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI there...

no, calls from the outside will not work in that case.

I gave you that hint only for testing purposes.

To have internal and external calls, you should consider a vbp-e model.

Maybe you can have a look at this thread here. Simons explains how the natting is done. He writes about an rmx, but the explaination can be transfered to a hdx system.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

because of the natting in the hdx system, your machine will get the public ip as the answer address in the payload.

To clarify that, you should set nat to "off" in the hdx. Your calls should work now (if the routers are configured correctly).

You should think about a vbp-e as a gatekeeper in your case. With that setup, your hdx (and all other room systems or sw clients) would register directly to the vbp-e (with internal IP, E.164, H323 name). All outgoing calls are then handled by the vbp. You won´t need any nat settings in the hdx anymore.

HP Recommended

thank's for the reply. If i set Off the NAT in the HDX system, call from the outside will works properly anyway?

If I understand, the router perform all the work about the nat, but therefore I was advised to set the nat configuration in AUTO?

Thank's

HP Recommended

HI there...

no, calls from the outside will not work in that case.

I gave you that hint only for testing purposes.

To have internal and external calls, you should consider a vbp-e model.

Maybe you can have a look at this thread here. Simons explains how the natting is done. He writes about an rmx, but the explaination can be transfered to a hdx system.

HP Recommended

It's a real shame who a single station can't support this type of deployment, anyway thanks a lot Uwe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.