Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

HDX7000 and H323 call

SOLVED
Highlighted

HDX7000 and H323 call

Hi,

I'm kind of very begginer to this stuff. I have a question:

I have a HDX7000 with an routable IP. Everything is working good so far.

Today I received some contact information vor a video conf.  It is something like an email address. Until now we only call to IP addresses and  ISDN lines.

What do I need to complete this call?

Finally, we got an IP from this customer, and when I called that IP I got something like an address book when I selected location / office / person I want - and worked fine. - Also, how can I do that?

Thank you very much in advance!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Moderator

Re: HDX7000 and H.323 call

The dialing with something like an e-mail address is called Annex O dialing.  The current software on the HDX supports Annex O dialing, as of 3.0.

The calling you described in the 2nd part is calling into a Gateway and the Gateway routes the call.  You Polycom sales or reseller's sales/system engineer can talk to you about this more.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Moderator

The dialing with something like an e-mail address is called Annex O dialing.  The current software on the HDX supports Annex O dialing, as of 3.0.

The calling you described in the 2nd part is calling into a Gateway and the Gateway routes the call.  You Polycom sales or reseller's sales/system engineer can talk to you about this more.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

Thanks a lot for clarifying the situation. I can hardly wait for a gateway quotation

Message 3 of 3