Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So this is a wierd one and I'm not getting much help from Polycom on it. 

We have a new Polycom HDX7000 connecting to a new Lync 2010 environment. The HDX is in the DMZ. 

If I reset the HDX and clear the lockout on the AD account the HDX is using to connect to Lync, the HDX connects to Lync. I can make and receive calls.

However, when looking at the Active Directory server I can see the bad account attempts piling up immedialty which quicly locks the account out. Sometime later (I guess when Lync demands it), the HDX tries to reauthenticate and with the account locked out if drops off Lync. I have to unlock the account and reset the HDX again for it to come online. 

I have tried changing the details in the HDX settings but no avail. The only error I see in the HDX logs is this: 

OCS: trying to download addressbook again
2013-01-02 17:26:27 INFO avc: pc[0]: OCS: OCSConnectTimerExpireCallback: connection timer expired
2013-01-02 17:26:27 INFO avc: pc[0]: OCS: OCSSrvrConnect: OCS directory is enabled.
2013-01-02 17:26:27 INFO avc: pc[0]: OCS: OCSDownloadAddressBook: read compressed file open succeeded
2013-01-02 17:26:27 INFO avc: pc[0]: OCS: OCSDecompressFile: In = 0x621b7c50, Out = 0x621aacc0
2013-01-02 17:26:27 WARNING avc: pc[0]: OCS: OCSDecompressFile: decompression overflow = 1348031555, 1952981061
2013-01-02 17:26:27 WARNING avc: pc[0]: OCS: OCSDownloadAddressBook: file decompression failed

I think it is related or maybe the account is locked out again and hence it fails?. Could anyone help me pin it down? Polycom have washed their hands of it 😞

Thanks

Oliver

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Oliver,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is the official Polycom forum and I am a bit surprised by your comment in regards to our Support organization.

Is the HDX7000 still under warranty or do you have a valid service contract as it does not sound like this is the case.

Please feel free to PM me with the Polycom service ticket so I can follow this up and verify this internally. You could also send me the serial number of the HDX in question if you have not got the Ticket number at hand.

In order to get any feedback from Partners please provide more details in regards of your LYNC environment, the HDX Software Version and if you have involved Microsoft yet. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan, 

Thanks for the prompt response. The unit is new and apparently covered by spectral support as opposed to Polycom. The Spectral guy I spoke to was nice but said it was a Lync problem and wouldn't raise a ticket. 

Anyway, I think I have the root of the problem, if not the solution yet. The locking occurs when I tick the box for Directory \ Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and have my internal domain in the box below it. 

I have not tried any combination is the box below yet. should it be left blank or should it have my sip domain in it? Or even something else?

Thanks

Oliver

HP Recommended

Hello Oliver,

If you called Spectralink support they may not be the correct people as Spectralink is now its own company.

The Polycom Support => here <= should at least be able to highlight your reseller who is responsible for first line support.

The HDX7000 Admin Guide => here <= shows on page 2-18 how to integrate into OCS / LYNC

In addition our Polycom Employee Jeff Schertz has an excellent private blog => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.