Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This may be a stupid question but being a Telepresence newbie I need to understand how this stuff works.  I have x2 HDX7000 units sitting behind a 5300 VBT.  No other firewalls or intermediary devices between other than brocade switch's.

I have H323 names on the HDX systems and ip's.  The names are registered to the VBT.  They have and are using ip's.  They can see each other and I am able to get out and see other device's outside of our company.

When someone from the outside world wants to talk to these device's what is the procedure for them to find my HDX's?  Do I just give them the H323 names and should they connect?  I am a little confused here as two tries have failed miserably and I am at a loss on what I should be doing here.  Any information from those who have successfully set these devices's up would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi akrose...

your hdx´es should register with a H.323 name and an E.164 Extension to the vbp-5300E.

To reach one of your systems from outside your network, the farside has to dial yourexternalip##E.164Extension oer yourexternalip##h.323name, for example: 82.149.168.23##1001 or 82.149.168.23##room1001.

On the vbp-e you can configure a default alias so that, when someone dials only your external ip address, one specified system in your video network will ring.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi akrose...

your hdx´es should register with a H.323 name and an E.164 Extension to the vbp-5300E.

To reach one of your systems from outside your network, the farside has to dial yourexternalip##E.164Extension oer yourexternalip##h.323name, for example: 82.149.168.23##1001 or 82.149.168.23##room1001.

On the vbp-e you can configure a default alias so that, when someone dials only your external ip address, one specified system in your video network will ring.

HP Recommended

Perfect thank you!  I was playing around with the systems today and was looking at other systems setups and thought this may be what I had to do but was still unsure of the syntax.  What you are explaining is what I was seeing so I should be good to go now.  Once again thank you for your timely response.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am not able to dial  my VC HDX 7000 from outside my network (Public ip),even we have done the same settings in which we are able to dial in call on HDX 6000.

We are able to access VC on web page,but not able to call.

Kindly help on this.

Regards,

Adesh Kumar

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.