Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I have a Polycom HDX7000HD for several years now but recently my camera stopped working.

The problem is that I can't get a picture from the camera just a blank screen however everything else on the camera is working: preset positions, rotating - left, right, up, down and zoom is working also.

I can connect with other Polycom systems and I can see them but they can't see me and the audio is fine.

I tried reseting the system but it didn't help.

Do you think the camera is broken? Do I need a new one?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Are you just getting a blue image from the camera or are you getting a image when not in a call just he farside get a blank image from you?

HP Recommended

Yes I am getting a blue image.

When I press the camera button so I can see what the camera is shooting then I am getting this blue image but as I said I can move the camera in any direction without any problem I just don't get an image.

HP Recommended

Well if that is the case it is most likely the cable or the camera. If you have a different cable and camera to test I would try one then the other. So test the current camera on a different cable then test the current cable a different camera. You will most likely be looking at replacing one or the other. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.