Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are testing an EagleEye Director before it goes to demo at a customer site.

The problem I am having is that the EED does not seem to be being recognised when I boot the system up. I get the 'blue' screen.

I have removed and checked all cables and re-seated them. If I go to the settings and detect camera then it picks it up. But on a system reboot it loses connection again.

It also loses connection when I send the system to sleep using the remote. The power button on the remote does not wake the system up again.

Edit: After some fiddling, I have managed to get the EED consistently recognised. BUT, when I press the power button on the remote, the HDX goes to sleep but the cameras just stay in the same position and do not go to their sleep position. The power button presses are not recognised after that.

I have to go to the web browser and wake the system from there. When I do that, the cameras spin to their sleep position then spin straight back to their wake position.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You need to be sure the HDX is running the latest software version.  The minimum HDX version that supports the EED is 3.0.1-10628

HP Recommended

Hi Ken,

The HDX is on V3.0.5

I have re-installed 3.0.5 to make sure there was no corruption.

I found out that the reason the camera was not being picked up was that it wasn't seated properly. I did not know there were microswitches in the EED to register the camera being there.

The main problem we still have is that the system does not wake up again when the power button on the remote is pressed.

Do you have any ideas why this could be?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.