Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Dear all, We already have a polycom hdx 7000. It works perfectly. But, I have a project to make visioconference with a content (pdf, ppt) from an iPAD. The best way (it seems) was to use the AppleTV in order to send the content. This one works with a Full HD TV, PC monitor by using a hdmi-dvi converter... The problem is : the hdx could not receive the signal or it is in a bad definition on the PC port (number 3 if I remember well). I try many definitions on the Apple TV but the hdx always shows that it is a bad one... Could you help me ? Best regards, Vince
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Ken,

Sorry for the delay...

We have found the solution !

The Apple tv has a kind of memory of the last display...In our case, we first use the apple tv with DELL monitor and try to connect it just after on polycom : and it doesn't work !

But, if you wait some hours without power connect in order to clear the memory, you can connect it directly on polycom and it works.

I hope it will help !!!

Best regards,

Vincent

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Try running this telnet command on the HDX.  It has worked for Mac Book Pro

Use telnet port 23

run the command

setddc analog

This will load the EDID that advertises analog instead of digital preference. The PC will then need to redetect the display or the VGA cable should be disconnected/connected.

To set back to digital use

setddc digital

HP Recommended

Thanks Ken,

Sorry for the delay...

We have found the solution !

The Apple tv has a kind of memory of the last display...In our case, we first use the apple tv with DELL monitor and try to connect it just after on polycom : and it doesn't work !

But, if you wait some hours without power connect in order to clear the memory, you can connect it directly on polycom and it works.

I hope it will help !!!

Best regards,

Vincent

HP Recommended

I have Apple TV 3rd generation and connected to a switcher/scaler. Once i select a laptop from the switcher, content works fine. once i switch to Apple TV. the signal will come-out after 10 to 15 secs. the signal will drop.  What will be the cause of the issue. I did change the resolution from the scaler from 1080p to 720p. but it doesn't work

HP Recommended

Hi Arvin, we also had similar problem. We solved the problem by setting the gap between Apple TV and our Kremer Switch Emulator. Looks like Polycom can't work properly with HDCP.  

HP Recommended

2Konstantin.G:

HDX systems doesn't support HDCP at all. IMHO in this case HDCP doesn't matter. Keyword - EDID.

USER MANUAL  Model: VA-1DVIN Virtual EDID page 2 wrote: "....  Note: The VA-1DVIN does not pass HDCP signals. ....."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.