Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

We try to turn on the system and its stack on the polycom sign , we try to do the factory recovery and we got the same.

Please advise us what to do in that case.

Thanks 

Shay 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Has it got a IP address?  Check out your DHCP Server for a MAC address starting 00:E0:DB:xx:xx:xx where xx:xx:xx is from S# 821212xxxxxxC9

Then if you can web browse it chuck a new firmware build.

When asked if you waas a Typical or Custom update, choose Custon.  When asked if you wish to erase system flash memory, tick that & proceed.  Let us know how you got on.

Pete

HP Recommended

If the factory restore does not work (using the paper clip) then there may be a hardware issue.

Contact Polycom Support for information and options.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html 

HP Recommended

Agreed.  Can you verify whether or not you performed a soft reset or a hard reset (paper clip).  This will help us determine the best course of action for your problem.  If you have performed a hard reset and you are still getting the same result then it is most probably a hardware issue and the unit will either need to be repaired or replaced.  You can give the serial number of the unit here and we can check the waranty and entitlements on the codec.

HP Recommended

Hi , 

I know that the polycom unit is not under warranty.

The serial number is : 82071707c780c9.

Thanks for the help.

Shay 

@ccarter wrote:

Agreed.  Can you verify whether or not you performed a soft reset or a hard reset (paper clip).  This will help us determine the best course of action for your problem.  If you have performed a hard reset and you are still getting the same result then it is most probably a hardware issue and the unit will either need to be repaired or replaced.  You can give the serial number of the unit here and we can check the waranty and entitlements on the codec.

HP Recommended

Yep. Just checked and it is out of warranty.  Can you confirm that you did a hard reset on the codec? This is the reset using the paper clip.

HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

Sure I did the reset with a paper clip .. but nothing help , i still see the polycom sign when power on the system.

What i can do ? 

Thanks 

Shay

HP Recommended

Hello Shay,

please work with your Polycom Reseller to contact Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with HDX 9002 system. It was working before and now it is stuck on splash screen.

No matter what I try - nothing helps! I tried paper clip rest - no reaction. Feel like the pin hole button does not work (but it clicks!).

When I insert USB stick (formatted FAT32) with .PUP file in the root, it even does not read USB (LED light does not lit on USB).

Is there any other solution to fix this issue (except send unit to Polycom and repair for $5,000)? I really want this unit working.

If this is a bug or serious manufacturing defect, Polycom should issue massive recall and replace/repair those units that broken.

Any information on what can be done would be much appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Alexg,

there is no need to reply in multiple other post's as Uwe had already replied => here <=

Your system has most likely been hacked due it being on a unprotected open Internet connection with certain ports being left open. This is only an assumption based on the description you have provided.

To my knowledge, only Polycom support can recover this unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.