Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all, I have a request urgent (tomorrow we have to do a video conference).
We have a VSX 7000 (SN: 8206420795FFAK), we must change the IP address, unfortunately we do not have the password to access, how can we reset it?
In addition, the polycom has entered a strange way, the video you can not see more menus, only the webcam video.

Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there...

regarding the "menu problem":

Connect the vsx with a vga cable to your monitor. Power up the unit and press the *-key while booting. This will change the monitor 1 to vga output.

To reset the admin password, you have three options:

• If not in security mode, navigate to "Diagnostics" / "Reset System", input your serial number, select delete system settings, unselect delete directory entry settings
  • You can delete the systems configuration by performing a software update on the vsx (uncheck the corresponding box)
  • or you can perform the erfl process, which is described here. Keep in mind that this solution is the "dangerous" one.Perform that step on own risk.
HP Recommended

thank you very much all works now.
because now we have only one public IP, I do port forwarding.
which ports are involved? just what I find info on the system?
192 168 150 250: 497 151
thanks

HP Recommended

Hi there...

Just take a look at this document here.

Should be helpful.

HP Recommended

Is it working now ?? A short feedback would be great.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.