Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

What was the news? I can't find anything.

HP Recommended

Hello @sirPster ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

There has been a delay and we are working with our partner Microsoft on the release. If this is urgent for you please open a support ticket so we can communicate any changes.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

In addition to from our Video FAQ:

Mar 16, 2016 Question: Can I receive automatic notifications for software updates for Poly Devices?

Resolution:Either sign up for Support Notifications =>here<= or Subscribe to the RSS feed =>here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Do you have any date when we can expect a release of the software?

HP Recommended

Hello @fridbjorn ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We usually are not able to provide exact dates via the medium of a community.

As explained to the previous poster opening a support ticket via the outlined channels should get you regular updates and timelines.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @netit-cal , @fridbjorn  @sirPster  @Jérémy  @bmgr ,

The software 3.1.1 has been released today.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

My X50 is now up to date and i put Ms Teams Apps mode.

now it's more complicated.

I have an "On Primise" Exchange solution with Office365 for the rest. I need to convert a local Exchange meeting room into a Teams compatible room.

So I added my Exchange room in the Active Directory synchronization to Azure AD.

The Exchange meeting room accounts are deactivated and they don't have a password by default...so I activated the room and set a password in the active directory.

I took a Teams Room license and added it to my meeting room in admin O365.

I'm waiting for the AD sync => Azure AD to test now and see if I can log in with my room name myroom@mydomain.ch and my password to see if it works....

I don't know if it's the right procedure...but it's badly detailed on the Microsoft website.

HP Recommended

Hello more info about my labs :

All is Ok now 🙂

For information you must set this on the Exchange Room calendar : 

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity MyRoom -AddOrganizerToSubject $False

Otherwise it displays the name of the creator of the meeting instead of the subject. So you have twice the name to display so it is useless.

I still have a request.

I would have to add an icon to turn the camera off or on on the TC8.

I'll explain why:

When you create a Teams meeting by integrating the meeting room in the loop but instead of clicking on the Join on the TC8 you use your laptop or phone to join the meeting via the proximity option, the camera is disabled on the X50, the microphone of the x50 is active.

You have to navigate with the TC8 directional pad to activate the camera on the X50 so it's not very practical.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jérémy ,

I would assume you would need to work with our partner Microsoft and/or a Poly sales engineer for this.

The Studio X uses the Microsoft Teams Android app approved and provided by our partner Microsoft so any enhancement most likely would need to come from them.

In addition, any design change on the current implementation would need to be tested and approved by our Partner Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes...

I'm just giving some information here to help speed up people who are in a similar configuration.

Everything is ok at home, I still have to figure out how to automatically activate the camera when using the proximity system in Teams.

I know it's possible, you can see it very well in the videos of janzoetemelk on youtube. The X50 camera is active when it integrates the room with the proximity function of MS Teams.

If anyone knows the answer, I'll take it.

HP Recommended

Anyone else had a play with 3.1.1-216109 using the Teams application?

I've installed it on an X50 and did some testing late last week. Seems very 'beta' at the moment. Had an issue where the controls on the TC8 didn't do anything at all. I couldn't even end a call.

I'll be doing some more testing today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.