Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Polycom Employee,

I have problem with my customer EX. they forgot the password to access admin menu's troght LAN and Physical remote. is there any way to change my customer Viewstation Password? or is there some restore button on Viewstation EX like on HDX Series?

Please Help US, Thanks very much from your attention.

Monik

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

From the VS EX, FX, VS4000 Admin Guide:

To reset a forgotten Admin Password:
1. Get the system’s serial number from the system or from the System Information screen.
2. Go to System Info > Diagnostics > Reset System.
3. Enter the system’s serial number and select Delete System Files.
4. Select Reset System.
When the system completes the reset, it leads you through the setup wizard. You can enter a new Admin Password when you set up the system.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Good Memory Mike_v.  Beware the S# in systemn info is a sortened version of the whole S# available on the rear or underside of the unit.You may need the longer S# version.

HP Recommended

dear Mike_v and petet,

Thanks for your advice, i still can't access system information because he still give me a loggin screen when i try to access the system information. is there any more advice ?

thanks and please advice

HP Recommended

Just had a play with our VStation FX. Using the hand held remote, access to the System Info screen is not password protected.  Same with Diagnostics.  The Web interface required Admin loggin for all areas.

Pete

HP Recommended

Monik,

I guess that you try to use the web to access the system what can't be used in this case. You must use the remote control for resetting the system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.