Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have got one Polycom HDX 7000 model.   System software is  Release 3.0.5-22695.  Can anyone answer how can we findout hardware version of HDX 7000 whether it is version A , B or C ? 

We have checked into system information of polycom hdx 7000 but didn't get any info about hardware version ? 

If you need any more information from systems information to answer this , please provide your inputs so that I can give you that information which is required to findout the hardware version ? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Rocky1810,

Usually browsing directly to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/u_index2.htm?startpage=a_main.htm should show the Model and the HW revision. I just tested this on a HDX 8000 HD.

Alternatively you may want to log into the HDX via Telnet on port 24 and it also displays the system information.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for reply. Is there any other way to find hardware version ? either with the help of serial no. or system information ?  W e have upgraded the firmware version to 3.0.5 and we have read about new features in this version ? It is mentioned on website support document that HDX system software version 3.0.5 adds support for the HDX 7000 series system with Hardware version D.  So we need to find out the hardware version anyhow ? If I provide serial no. to web support of polycom, will they be able to tell me hardware version ?  My polycom servicer partner is saying that HDX 7000 unit has version A , but it seems that he is just making speculations ? Please help me.  

HP Recommended

Hello Rocky1810,

as already mentioned above if you browse to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/u_index2.htm?startpage=a_main.htm should show the Model and the HW revision.

I did earlier test this on a HDX 8000 HD and in my test showed Hardware Revision B.

If you go to your system Information and it does not show a HW revision then it must be the original Rev aka not a follow up Rev like B, C or D.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Ricky.  It's an HDX7000 & the Rev As don't specify their H/W version.  Rev Cs started shipping in Feb 2010 so if your S# starts 821006xxxxxxCN then it's probably a Rev C.  As SB said hardware rev is viewable in the Web UI under Tools>System Information.  Hardware Rev is not displayed in System Information if you are using the handhelpd remote.

HP Recommended

yes. Serial No. of the equipment is 82100xxxxxxxCN so it means it is hardware version C.  Correct !! 

Actually, I want to get a clear understanding of different hardware version of HDX 7000 and their associations with supported resolutions over content video input.  In admin guide, I didn't get this info about hardware version A and B.  For C and D , I got.  

Can you please help ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.