Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear colleagues,

We have RealPresence Group 500 and it sometimes gets out of control in unattended room. 

It does not respond to telnet commands so we're trying to cycle power via APC PDU.

The problem is: there's no physical power button and there's nobody around to touch sensor 'On' button.

Any ideas?

Similar topic for HDX 8000 suggested separate IR emitter http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/HDX-8000-Telnet-Help/td-p/22308

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello SnowyOwl,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

The Video FAQ contains this:

Jun 23,2014 Question: Can I use a API with a HDX or RealPresence Group Series video systems?

Answer: Please check the relevant Integrator's Reference Manual => here <=. Please note that the Telnet Port 24 is being used.

The above contains all possible commands.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Thank you very much for prompt reply.

Software version 4.1.3.

Sure we're aware about Integrator Reference Guide.

However, the problem is that device is not responding to API commands entirely. So we are out of options besides reboot.

Is there any setting to make it boot automatically upon power restore?

We're not troubleshooting why is it hanging. So I do not see how software version may affect solution.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello SnowyOwl,

the reason you should post your Software Version was outlined in my original response.

In addition not using a current software release could be the reason for your issue in the first place.

There is no such setting and you would have to pull the power and plug it in again. I suggest you look into getting on a currently supported release and then, if the unit is still behaving like it is now, involve Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If all you want to do is reboot the system, log into the WebUI and go to Diagnostics>System>Restart System.

Steffen is correct you should upgrade,  there has been many improvements and fixes in the past several years. 

Ken...

HP Recommended

I am trying to reboot the system when it is hung. So I have no WebUI response.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
Hello SnowyOwl

This kind of brings us full circle.

Please get this into Polycom Support

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

We're not investigating cause of device hangups because it is well known (overheating).

How do I ask Polycom Support to add a feature to the firmware without S/N & RMA?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended
Hello SnowyOwl

Without any logs to look at we cannot root cause this and therefore we are unable to fix this

As you do not seem to get Polycom support involved the answer is most likely never

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Dear colleagues,

We have Group 500 installed in small office in the city, no IT staff, only visiting VIPs.

Due to Iraqi weather and frequent blackouts A/C system is knocked out often. Then Group 500 hangs of overheating, then UPS shuts down.

When power is back and room is cooled we need a tool to regain remote control of Group 500. UPS and PDU are starting up by themselves, but the room is still unattended.

Asking VIPs to turn the device on every so often - is not an option.

So I was asking how tu turn on common and simple feature, but it is not implemented.

The answer is: Group 500 is unfit for unattended rooms.

Terminals are not faulty and do not need replacement. They work well under normal temperature. No logs, nothing to fix, root cause is clear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.