Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How do I turn fixed ports on with an HDX 9000?

DanIL
Occasional Visitor

How do I turn fixed ports on with an HDX 9000?

I am attempting to get an HDX 9000 setup behind a new firewall, but I can't seem to turn the fixed ports options on to be able to properly NAT this thing. The checkbox is greyed out and I can't find a setting anywhere to enable me to check it. Is there some step I am missing?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

Re: How do I turn fixed ports on with an HDX 9000?

Is the HDX registered to either a CMA or RPRM ?   In Dynamic mode ?   If so, then you must go THERE to change the option on Fixed ports...

What problem are you trying to correct with Fixed ports ?

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 2 of 5
DanIL
Occasional Visitor

Is the HDX registered to either a CMA or RPRM ?   In Dynamic mode ?   If so, then you must go THERE to change the option on Fixed ports...

Where do I go to check this? This is literally the first time i have ever touched a Polycom.

What problem are you trying to correct with Fixed ports ?

Their system was running straight on their WAN connection, we took over the client moving the system behind their firewall. So I need static ports to forward to.

Message 3 of 5
Ovg
Trusted Contributor

Admin Guide for HDX series

see pages from 54 (2-22)

------------------------------------------------------------------
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
Message 4 of 5
DanIL
Occasional Visitor

That you for the guide, I can find the setting that the page tells me to change with out problems.. My issue is the check-box for fixed-ports is greyed out and can't be selected. I can't find anything in the manual that tells me why. I checked and there is no gateway turned on or CMA/RPRM software installed on any of the computers in the environment.

Message 5 of 5