Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hey Guys, i need to find a way to get the group 500 to talk to the phone (ip7000) via netowork as i cant install the mic cable in the current location, i was hoping you guys could help me find out how to do it. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello WorldBusy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The GroupSeries and the SoundStation IP need a Walta CLink Cable between them for the IP7000 to act as a microphone.

The Integrator Reference Manual and/or your Polycom reseller should be able to be consulted in regards how a Walta can be utilized with Custom Cabling.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your feedback.

I currently have the Group 500 in a very tight location and i am unable to bring any new cables to the box, do you thnk there is an adapter that i can plug into from the data to simulate the microphone cable plugging into the bacl of thr group 500 box, then by the ip7000 i can us the adapter again to change back from date to the mic cable?

Hope you can help 

HP Recommended

Hello WorldBusy,

Again the only connection from the SSIP7000 to the Group Series can be a Walta cable. This can be terminated via a Cat5 cable as shown in the above mentioned guide.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok thanks very much,

I am also just wondering can i use x2 "Polycom 2457-25646-001 Walta Male to RJ45 Female Adapter Cable" plug one of each in the Group 500 & IP7000 and then patch them through over cat6?

This would be a very easy way for me if it will work 

Best Regards,

Christian 

HP Recommended

Please refer to the Integrator's Reference Guide for information on extending the Walta connections.  The cabling would have to be run for it as the pinouts are not 568 pinouts.

IRG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.